The EPEAT Purchaser Awards recognize excellence in green procurement of electronics. EPEAT Purchasers will earn a star for each product category for which they have a written policy in place that requires the purchase of EPEAT registered electronics.
The 2016 EPEAT Purchaser Award winners will be honored on Monday, May 23, during a ceremony in Washington DC. The Awards ceremony will be co-located with the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council (SPLC) Summit at the Kellogg Conference Center and will take place immediately following the SPLC Pre-Summit Courses. All EPEAT Purchaser Award winners are invited to attend a brief reception before the ceremony, and then to participate in the ceremony itself. Full details will be announced soon. Please note: The EPEAT Purchaser Awards, Reception and Ceremony are open to all, while a separate registration fee is required to attend the SPLC Summit and the Pre-Summit Courses.
The EPEAT Purchaser Awards are open to all organizations that purchase EPEAT-registered products and meet the following requirements:
- Agree to have your organization as an EPEAT Purchaser. EPEAT Purchasers agree to share their specific EPEAT vendor contract language and to be listed on the EPEAT website. By submitting the EPEAT Purchaser Award Application, you agree to have your organization listed as an EPEAT Purchaser.
- Must have an organizational purchasing policy in place for environmentally preferable procurement of electronics (see model policy language)
- Must set specifications in contracts with vendors requiring that all electronic products in a specific category (PC/Displays, Imaging Equipment, and Televisions) achieve Bronze registration or higher in the EPEAT system in the country/countries of purchase (see model contract language)
- Must report annual purchase volume of EPEAT registered products
Awards – Earning stars
One star is awarded to an organization for each product category in which all of the eligibility requirements have been met. The current product categories are as follows:
- PCs/Displays (desktops, displays, notebooks, integrated desktop computers, workstation desktops, thin clients)
- Imaging Equipment (copiers, digital duplicators, facsimile machines, mailing machines, multifunction devices, printers, scanners)
Award winners will be listed on our website, announced in media and PR outreach, and celebrated at events throughout the year.
Contact Andrea Desimone with questions or comments about the awards application process.
Past Award Winners